The Twitter machine has been all abuzz recently with talk about the upcoming #Cabernet Twitter Social Media event that is being organized by Rick Bakas. There have been a number of this type of event taking place over the last few months, and this one has the potential to break all of the standing wine social media records. All you need to participate in this event is a Twitter, Facebook, or other social media account and some Cab, but if you need some encouragement to join in, try these reasons on for size:
- Hundreds of people tweeting and posting about one variety of wine, what could be more fun than that?
- All the cool kids are doing it.
- Rick Bakas asked nicely.
- Because you never know what @nectarwine is going to say after he's got a few glasses of Cab in him.
- There are already almost 50 wineries from around the world confirmed to be participating in the event, including several hosting live events. This is a great opportunity to hear directly from the producers about some great Cabernets.
- Trying to set the world record for number of tweets in a 24 hour period with the words "social media" and "wine" in them.
- You were going to be drinking wine anyway.
- Because it's fun to see the look of confusion on your friend's faces when you say you have to be at your computer for a Twitter tasting.
- This video from Suburban Wino says it all.
- Everything tastes better on Social Media.
- You heard that I said "Cabernet", right? What more needs to be said?
Now that you are convinced, go to the Eventbright page for the event and register. You know you wanna.